Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Born To Be Mommy

You never stop learning about people. Last night, I learned something about Proud Mommy.

I may have known this already, but last night was the first time it all came together in my conscious mind. I suddenly realized that having this baby may very well be the best thing ever to happen to Proud Mommy.

Of course, everyone says that the best day of their life was when their baby was born. I'm not talking about that. I'm saying that for Proud Mommy, this may very well be a calling.

Some people are born to be doctors. Some are born to be architects. Some are born to be waiters. I think Proud Mommy was born to be a mommy.

Everything came clear last night, and this quality, and that characteristic, and the other belief, and the way she thinks, all of them gelled in my mind. It was quite a moment, and it felt really good. At least the kid will have one good parent.

How will I do? I have no idea.

No comments: